Collaboration tools help us to communicate and work together on shared goals as a team. There is a host of collaboration tools available in the market.
There are some which cater to specific niches of project management, workflow, and task allocation while others lean more towards conversations and chat facilitation. While still others are, all in all, collaboration tool players.
Many global companies have recently taken to online collaboration within their teams. There are bigger, enterprise edition social collaboration tools like ‘Yammer’ from Microsoft and IBM Connections, which many fortune 500 corporations around the world are currently using. Smaller firms and young startups are not left behind either on the usage of online collaboration tools.
Young start-ups, as they grow, their teams expand and we see many functions emerge within their fledgling operations. Online collaboration tools need to be nimble, easily customizable and need to grow with the company and its people. The below-reviewed list of online collaboration tools by PCMag serves young startups as well as big established companies.
Please also read our blog post on Social media collaboration – A synergy in workplaces
PCMag is a well-known publishing house on matters related to Computers, new gadgets, and technology. The first 4 tools below have bagged the Editor’s choice awards.
- Atlassian Hip Chat (https://www.atlassian.com/software/hipchat) Strength: Online real-time team communication.
- Podio (https://podio.com/site/en) Strength: Highly customizable and scales easily for growing businesses.
- Slack (https://slack.com) Strength: Group messaging application and integration with other software.
Online collaboration tools help improve productivity. There is no doubt. It brings people together on a shared understanding to accomplish common goals. People get work done when they interact with share conversations. When people joke and share a context on the software, it builds trust. The partnership and collaboration bond grows.
Information source and reference:
If you like this article, Please do share us!
Latest posts by Ramkumar Yaragarla (see all)
- Teaching children how to tweet - March 13, 2018
- Ethical design is the answer to some of social media’s problems - January 23, 2018
- How social ties make us resilient to trauma - January 16, 2018